Óscar Valero Sáez
Visual artist and Architect.
Interested in the artistic research, he mainly develops his work in the field of drawing, relating to other disciplines such as architecture, three-dimensional installations, video, ceramics ... with special attention on minimal and respectful approach, in order to search for the simplest and most reductive structure.
His artistic practice explores the musical structure of J. S, Bach, investigating hidden structures of the music compositions through a visual process. He analyzes them geometrically in 2 and 3 dimensions, dissecting them through a visual process, looking for rediscovering their own process of formation.
Professor and artistic researcher in different Universities and national and international Foundations:
- The Joseph and Anni Albers Foundation, Connecticut, USA.
- Cultureland, Amsterdam, Holland.
- Thread Artist residence, Senegal. The Joseph and Anni Albers Foundation.
- Columbia University, New York.
- Thomas J. Watson Library. The Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York.
- Guttenberg Arts, West New York.
- IED, Istituto Europeo di Design. Madrid.
- University of Architecture, Navarra. Spain.
- Malaspina Artist Run Center, Vancouver, Canada.
- CIEC, International center for contemporary print.
- Cuatroescalones, Madrid, Spain.
He has exhibited in Spain, the United States, Germany, Amsterdam, Senegal, Cuba, Canada, and has won numerous awards.
He has lived in Canada and the United States for more than five years.